|Xigre.com – Web directory is a web directory of internet resources. Websites, blogs, forums and other types of sites that offer any sort of internet resources and businesses can be accepted here. That does not mean that every single website submitted will be accepted.
We care a great deal about the quality of links submitted to the Xigre.com – Web directory. We accept the fact that Xigre.com – Web directory will probably be used by many bloggers and website owners as a mean for search engine promotion. But we care that this directory becomes people friendly. Our goal is to make the directory as useful as possible for our users, not to have the directory include all (or even most) of the sites that could possibly be listed or serve as a promotional tool for the entities listed.
Because we think of the people that will use this directory there are some rules about submitting links to our Link directory:
1. Please use search before submitting anything. There is possibility that your site is already here.
2. Have in mind that EVERY submitted site will be humanly reviewed and checked before inclusion.
3. When submitting a link try to write good and detailed description of your site. Don't just stuff it with keywords, but make it really attractive to the people. People do not like words, they like meaningful sentences and small but important articles.
4. Do not submit mirror sites. Mirror sites are sites that contain identical content, but have altogether different URLs
5. Do not submit URLs that contain only the same or similar content as other sites you may have listed in the directory. Sites with overlapping and repetitive content are not helpful to users of the directory. Multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.
6. Do not disguise your submission and submit the same URL more than once. Example http://ww.xigre.com/ and http://www.xigre.com/index.htm
7. Do not submit any site with an address that redirects to another address by any means, this includes doorway pages.
8. Xigre.com – Web directory has a policy against the inclusion of sites with illegal content. Examples of illegal material include child pornography; libel; material that infringes any intellectual property right; and material that specifically advocates, solicits or abets illegal activity (such as fraud or violence). We will not accept any site containing any sort of torrents, serials, cracks, hacks, Trojans, or any other software that can be recognized as malicious or fraudulent in any way. Even if your site contains only links toward other such sites, we will not accept it into Link directory.
9. Do not submit sites "under construction". Wait until a site is complete before submitting it. Sites that are incomplete, contain "Under Construction" notices, or contain broken graphics or links aren't good candidates for the directory.
10. Pornographic sites or even those in border area (that can be considered adult by some people) will not be accepted. That also includes adult games.
11. Language is not a barrier, meaning that your site does not have to be in English as long as it is one of the languages featured on the country flags visible on our pages. We just require that description of your site is exact and correct to your site subject, and please include identification of language so we can check it more easily. Ex: English - En, Spanish - Es, French - FR... etc.
12. We absolutely hate spam. What does this mean? If your site is rejected, do not try to resubmit it as long is does not comply with all of these rules. Repetitive submission can result in permanent ban.
We do not require reciprocal link back to this directory but we appreciate it as backlinks help the SE bots to reach us and your link too. Periodically we check out if all inclusions still have that link toward this directory. If the link is missing, your link will not be removed. We are not harsh in that, because there is possibility that your server is down when we check so we will check it several times to be sure that link to Xigre.com - Link directory is no longer there.
At Xigre.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit Xigre.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on Xigre.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
DoubleClick DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in several antivirus programs. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.